Double decker hits London theatre in two-bus crash
BBCSix people have been hospitalised after two buses collided and one hit a theatre in south London, the Met Police has confirmed.
Emergency services were called to Newington Causeway at 08:06 GMT on Wednesday after the crash, during which a bus that was not in service smashed into the window frontage of Southwark Playhouse Borough.
The London Ambulance Service confirmed that it had treated a number of people at the scene, six of whom were taken to hospital.
By 11:30, one of the double decker buses had been moved from the scene of the crash. No arrests have been made.
X/Andrew LearmonthPolice said none of the injuries were deemed to be life-changing or life-threatening.
Lorna Murphy, Transport for London's (TfL) director of buses, said her thoughts were with those injured in the crash.
"We care deeply about the safety of everyone who uses or works on our transport network," she said.
"Safety is our top priority and we are working with the police and the operator, Go Ahead London, to establish what happened.
"This must have been a distressing incident for everyone involved and we have support available for anyone affected."
The crash involved a route 35 bus that collided into a route 333 that was not in service, TfL confirmed.
The road is partially open to traffic and police are directing vehicles in alternating traffic flows.
The London Fire Brigade was also in attendance.
Listen to the best of BBC Radio London on Sounds and follow BBC London on Facebook, X and Instagram. Send your story ideas to hello.bbclondon@bbc.co.uk
